Sunday, April 12, 2009

I'll Close My Eyes And Count To Ten

And hope thy heart will start again. Helooo. I tried sleeping about ten minutes ago, but there's a disadvantage of sleeping with your laptop right beside you, or so i'm here to tell you. And since i won't be sleeping anytime soon, i went out to the kitchen, opened the freezer, drop a few ice cubes into my usual drinking glass, poured a pinch of Tennessee's finest whiskey, and rounded it all up with coke. Tada, self made whiskey and cola, it's better than singing yourself to sleep =). Wokey, now that i'm all warmed up inside thanks to the alcohol, let's get down to business.

Happy Birthday, Kevin !! Yes, you are finally legal, finally 18, and it's been a long time coming huh? Haha. 8 years of friendship man, and i believe it won't end for a very the long time, mate. I toast my drink to you. Here's to years of friendship, fun, work, blood, sweat, tears, and everything in between. Seafield 3, Rockfire Utd, the Hang Tuah 132nd Pj's 9 (05-07), and of course, BS,SP and Black Light Banquet. Cheers.
happ bday, V. - shads

Moving on, today is the day we the BLB join forces with Wai Chun for his school's IR Day, which I don't give a shit about, but hey, it was a chance to get on stage and do our thing, so we were like, ' why not' . And that was weeks ago. We didn't even need the audition. And I had named us " I'm Made Of Wax, What Are You Made Of? ". Sadly the name was too long to be included into the itinerary, so without my consent, Mr. Chun changed the name to " Dear Daniel ". WHAT THE FUCK?? I've since learned that dear daniel is hello kitty's boyfriend. Hahaha. That aside, later today we'll be the last performance, playing again, as boring as this sounds, Secret Valentine, BUT! We're doing our BLB's special Cookie Jar :D No band has ever done it, and will ever do it better :P. Encore song? Don't Trust Me, 3OH!3. Yeah. Whoever thats going to this lame IR, take not that we'll give you a good time.

Wai Chun and The BLB. yeap. expect more of that later on stage.

Now moving on to the last segment. If you've watched the
video posted in the last post, this is the prelude. Being in a band with your closest friends rock. I won't say it again. You don't even need to be talented. You just need the desire, the passion, and that's it. I won't say we're the next best thing or anything, but we have been busting our asses for the past year or so to get to where we are. And where is that, I hear you ask. Well, it's at playing on a rm10k stage alongside bands like PAKU and ONE BUCK SHORT/ALTERED FREQUENCY/BEAT THE SYSTEM. That's where we're at. Sad part is, we haven't got that much publicity, even while playing with those guys, and that's because we haven't recorded anything to back us up. Soon we will. Julyyyyy :) I never knew Peter & Jane would be such a hit to everyone who's heard it live. So that's what we're going to record first. Owh, and this goes out to lousy judges, wanna be's, talentless posers, and mr n misses popular out there for the fame. FUCK YOU.

Hahaha i've been procastinating and talking shit about posting pics up and reviewing events. Am I going to do it? Hmm. For the pics, you're in luck.

First Up, meeting up with NICK after like, YEARS!

From left to right. Lim Kevin, Nick Loo, Adrian Tan, Kevin Cheong, The Old Seafield III Generals. Hey i smiled. I really smiled. LOL


Next, Nat's birthday.
Steph, Nat and Ben
Xin, Sus, Nat, Thee


Mich if i may say, the cake tasted so good, i did a 45er

Okay, I guess i can go tuck my self in again. LOL. Before I go, I've been listening to a lot of music lately, and i'm stuck on this song, She's Got The Rhythm, by The Summer Set. Jess Bowen is my drummer idol. I shan't say no more :D





1 comment:

Kevin said...

Hey,the mesa boogie amp head alone was rm10k lar, the stage cost a hell lot more =P. thx for the 8 years shads. go blb