Thursday, January 22, 2009

The silver thorn ; a bloody rose

From the words of Don Mclean,

" Portraits hung in empty halls ,
Frameless heads on nameless walls,
With eyes that watch the world and can't forget,
Like the strangers that you've met.."

- Taken from the song Vincent/Starry Night.

Okay, i'll explain the script above later, as you'll hear about in my assignment section below. Watssup humans, it's been a decent week so far, and midway through, I have found some embers of inspiration to blog tonight. But just recapping the monday ; loads of homework. The tuesday ; more assignment work. Today, pretty normal. And management is starting to become my fav subject this sem. Right. Let's hit the point, and go to the reason why I wanted to blog.

Vincent Van Gogh. I'm pretty sure the most of you out there, have no frigging clue who this stylo sounding gentleman is, upon me mentioning him here. Well, Mr. Vincent, so happened to be my english assignment. Yes. I was bummed out, and my classmates too. My first spark of memory from the name? Da Vincci's yam cha buddy or something. Which was close. After watching the slideshow, I've come to know that Vincent was an artist, painted the majority of his life in Arles , France. A loner, an emoist, and a pioneer in the exppressionist art division. So we also got to see his paintings. The first decade of paintings were... Crap shit scary alright. Goth ass. But later on they became absolutely drop dead gorgeous. And for the first time in my life i really adored a painting! which never happens. Like. In the sims, i'd just buy a wall painting to boost the comfort of my sims' home. But now I guess I truly do know how it feels, and why i'd want to own one myself someday, regardless of price, but I'm getting a painting from Vincent, that's for sure. Next, our assignment was, as absurd as this sounds, and to the groans of the entire DBAD class, we were to write journals of our own thoughts about Vincent and or his paintings and what they meant. Pretty fucked up, that part. A journal, is sort of an essayish diary that people use to log their travels or something happy and stuff. Not about we thought about some crackpot old man la for fucks' sake. But anyway, i'm almost done with my journal, as i'm a little ahead of the rest of the class, and about 1482 words later, I have taken a liking to mr. vincent van gogh, through my own words. Weird. But oh well. I'll share with you some of his paintings that i've come to like..a lot..

Photobucket
' Irises from Arles ' - irises looked good. I never knew. I'm writing a song with the same title now btw.

Photobucket
' Starry Night ' - my personal fav. A song was written by Don Mclean with the same title.

Photobucket
' Courtyard' - very classy, i kinda like places like that.

Photobucket
Vincent Van Gogh self-portrait.

So that ends the Vincent saga crap. Moving on! Monday and Tuesday was in a way, all about bubble tea. Now me and Izzy can't go to class without bubble tea. It is simply a must,

Photobucket
Heres the place the students, including us, flock to get out daily dose of bubble tea!

And later on in class..was maths. Dengan boringnya we had 5 pages of excercise. So what i did in between questions?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Lol it's a new style of camwhore.

Oh and. Econs. My goodness. Our lecturer explained the different varieties of text books that we could get to complete our assignment. And i like a hero, went to the library, got a 900 page book, photocopied the whole thing for 40 bucks, and the next day, lecturer said, oh i actually i meant this book, and she gave me a copy of a puny hashim ali book. Fuck you, bitch.
Photobucket
The sad difference between rm40 john sloman and the puny hashim ali, f.o.c.

Luckily, to take my mind off screwed up days like these, theres always COH with my partner in war, Fieldmarshal Heinz, aka Kevin V to you people. No we're not nazi axis crazy or anything, it's just artistic passion for an era long gone okay.Blitz-ing is friggin fun. Don't believe me? take a look. screw all your maples and shyttt. heres the real rts deal. tanks.
Photobucket

Well to wrap things up this midweek, just a couple of words left, sounding like this. Streamyx sucks!
Photobucket
:D

5 comments:

Kevin said...

Ackhtung Reichmarshal Rommel. Go Panzergruppen. Run and hide you allied pussies or face the warth of The Panzer Divisions blitzkrieg assaults. Long live the Tigers

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

The made you do not turn back. That is made, is made.

Anonymous said...

Quite

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, that I interfere, but, in my opinion, this theme is not so actual.